Los Footes

Los Footes

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Funny Faces, Too Many Hot Dogs, and More Kiva




We have had a great time hanging out with siblings now that 4 more of them are back in town. It's been great. The other night, we got bored while Jason was over, and we got creative. You just shake your head back and forth violently, set the timer on the camera, and voila - you get beautiful pictures like this one!



We also had a BBQ yesterday - it was a lot of fun, and a lot of hot dogs. We seriously overestimated our friends' ability to consume hot dogs, and we ended up taking over 30 home with us after the barbecue. Thanks to everyone who came, and who brought stuff - it was a lot of fun.



On another note - as some of you know, I've been fascinated with developmental economics, and especially microfinance, for a while now. Kedra has been really supportive, and has gotten into it too. Kiva.org, one of our favorite sites, just added the ability to start lending teams, so I started a few teams. If any of you are on Kiva, and want to join - please do.

The first is Ked and Jer's Fam and the other one is Kiva Mormons.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hello Footes! I ran into Todd Dow today and he was telling me about your blog. It's so cool that you guys are into Kiva. We've only lent a little bit of money, but some of it has been paid back so we'll look into joining one of your lending teams. We miss having you as neighbors!

Heather said...

Sorry to make another comment... but Steve's family totally does "shake face" pictures (that's what they call them) so it made me laugh when I saw that.

L said...

So fun!!! We miss you guys so much! I'm jealous that Michael gets to go to Provo at the end of the month and see you!!!

Jessica said...

We've signed up with Kiva as well--it's actually been awhile since we've gotten on to see how the teams are doing. Garrett's job did that as their "Christmas" gift to their employees. I thought it was a great idea.

Thanks for promoting such a neat service!