The Hokey-Poke
(as written by William Shakespeare).
O proud left foot, that ventures quick within
Then soon upon a backward journey lithe.
Anon, once more the gesture, then begin:
Command sinistral pedestal to writhe.
Commence thou then the fervid Hokey-Poke,
A mad gyration, hips in wanton swirl.
To spin! A wilde release from Heavens yoke.
Blessed dervish! Surely canst go, girl.
The Hoke, the poke -- banish now thy doubt
Verily, I say, 'tis what it's all about.
-- by "William Shakespeare"
Written by Jeff Brechlin, Potomac Falls, Maryland, and submitted by Katherine St. John.
5 comments:
LOL! That is an awesome poem Jer!!
Yeah! that is a good one! Kedra wish we could have seen you on Sat... hope you guys are doing well!
Enough of the "Shakespeare" you dork!
Instead in your mouth you should put a cork.
Or perhaps take a break and eat some pork.
What utensil shall you use--no doubt, a spork! :)
You don't mind if I share that poem with my fam do you? They're big hokey pokey fans and I know my Dad would get a kick out of that poem.
Sure, Clark - of course. I just found it online, and thought it was pretty good.
Post a Comment