We decided to drive south 30 miles to Lake Mead. At the end of the road there was no water in sight. After climbing a hill and seeing water another mile off in the distance, we were amazed to realize how much Lake Mead has been decreasing in size the past few years. So we didn't get to play in the water, but we did see a desert tortoise in the wild on the way there. It was really exciting. And I am sure glad I didn't run it over because he was in the road and I was the one driving. On the way back to Provo on Tuesday we hiked a little in Kanarraville.
I like these trips because it is a change in pace and I get to spend time outside. The people are really fun too. And we hardly see any other people out where our experiments are. That is really nice once in a while. Maybe Jeremy will come with me one of these times.



2 comments:
I'm glad you didn't run over the turtle too, he's so cute!!! It's weird for me to see a desert turtle because living in Asia I only see the kind swimming around! (both in fresh water ponds and reservoirs and in the ocean)
It's cool to see the pictures of the turtles... it's weird. Here in Michigan they are everywhere! You'll see them squashed on the side of the road, just like roadkill. That has been hard to get used to!
Post a Comment