This peacock lives at our complex. It's a pretty funny pet to have around. As far as I understand, it is a wild bird that finds shelter here. Until moving here, I never knew the sound a peacock makes. It is actually pretty unpleasant; something between a honking and a squawking.
6 comments:
If you want to experience it for yourself, come over to our house!
Or - watch this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRRRrH5R-jU
peacock calls are the worst. There was a house that had some near where I grew up and every once in a while, me or one of my siblings would go out on the front porch and do our best peacock call impression. We'd always get a reply from those annoying birds.
Jeremy, I am sorry, but I do not feel like that video accurately represents the real sound peacocks make. It is a much worse sound than in the video.
Haha-- at least they are pretty!
There were several peacocks at the guest ranch where I worked for a few summers, and after the time one squawked in the distance just as a co-worker had gotten lemon juice in his eyes, we always quoted them thusly: "my EYE! my EYE!" Alternately, they also sounded like babies crying or horrific screaming. Ugh!
Post a Comment