Some of you may remember that I applied to be involved in the Personal Genome Project, and get my genome sequenced. The project will eventually have 100,000 genomes sequenced and available on the public domain. This will aid research and ideally speed some amazing discoveries.
My application was nothing special; I am a white female with no diseases, not even allergies. There were no biological family members planning on being involved. All the things that would make my genome interesting are absent from my record. So, I didn't think I would be accepted, but I wanted to support the research nonetheless and try to be involved in the project, which I really believe in.
Yesterday, I was notified of my acceptance!
Over the next few weeks and months, I will know more of the details, but I am really excited. We may have a trip to Harvard Medical School coming up.
1 comment:
um. i'm not going to lie. i had to look up "genome"
so, while that's something i don't understand in the slightest, congratulations anyway! i'm happy for you because it makes you happy :)
... now you need to write something about baby poop or bedtime routines because i'll TOTALLY be able to relate! :)
Post a Comment