The plan was for my family to drive down to Salt Lake and then on to St. George for Thanksgiving. We were all very disappointed when at the last minute the weather prevented them from coming. So, this post is mostly for them.
We still did have Thanksgiving in St. George with my Grandfather (he cooked a delicious, tender turkey and made mouth-watering mashed potatoes) and the Younkers (who provided pretty much everything else and all of it was awesome!). Our time in St. George was Part I.
Then we headed down to Las Vegas to have a mock Christmas with Jeremy's family. Katie and Paige can't travel at Christmas time because their babies are due soon so we won't get to all be together on the real Christmas. And we weren't going to go down to Las Vegas if my family came, so I guess it all worked out (we still missed you guys incredibly). With the Footes we played racquetball, took family pictures, had our gift exchange, and went into town on a limo ride and to the new City Center. Las Vegas was Part II.
 |
| R's first Thanksgiving dinner. |
 |
| In St. George |
 |
| Great-Grandpa Wheeler |
 |
| We're excited for Rebecca's cousin Aubrey to be born. (She's at the top of the picture.) |
 |
| At the wedding chapel. It looks good guys. |
 |
| Jeremy's jump is so sweet that it is worth blocking me. |
 |
| Everyone ready for the gift exchange. |
 |
| Sarah opening her present from Rebecca. It is a unicorn. |
will |
| Katie opening her present from me. I had fun making this nativity calendar. My aunt made one for my family when I was young and I have fond memories of it. |
 |
| Jeremy bought Paige some ugly stuff (in the foreground) and wrote a note saying, "Now that you have pretended to like the stuff I got you, here is the gift receipt. I figured this was better than a gift card." It worked perfectly. |
 |
| We went to see the recently built City Center with hotels, shops, and galleries. It was pretty cool and they had it all decked out for Christmas as you can see from the balls hanging above. |
4 comments:
woah, what happened to Lisa's leg??
yeah I was curious about her leg as well! and also i think the gift for Paige was so clever! She is a super fun person and i bet she took it well! So we are excited to be down there soon and we will want to get together!
So, Lisa had surgery on her foot - I guess one of her bones grew too much, so they cut off a chunk of it. The poor kid has the same problem with the other foot, and she's going to have her second surgery in a few months, once she can walk on this foot.
it's so fun to see pictures of you guys! I haven't seen the lights at temple square yet this year, looks great! I love the pic in front of the tree, is that at the Joseph Smith Building?
Kathryn Creswell
Post a Comment