After arriving in Portland, we spent a week looking for apartments. It was horrible and nothing felt right. We finally found a great fit, but had to wait a few days before moving in. During those few days we received the tragic news that my grandfather passed away. A few days later we packed in the car with some of my family and headed back down to SLC for the funeral. This was a difficult week for me, but I was so glad we had lived close and spent a lot of time with him recently. We stayed with him just a week before he passed away.
We got back and moved in and I realized I still had some emotional trauma from the fire that was manifesting itself to me because of a new apartment. So, it was a little hard to get adjusted, but great to have family around.
We finally feel settled here and have marked up the calendar with all the things we want to do this summer in the Northwest. It has been great to have Jeremy around. In many ways I wish our life was settling down for real, but with traveling and graduate school in our future plans we are choosing the rollercoaster route.
1 comment:
Kedra, I'm so sorry to hear about he loss of your grandfather. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Love you guys!
Post a Comment