Los Footes

Los Footes

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Silver Falls




I had heard about this state park for a while and have wanted to go and I wasn't going to let this summer get away without us heading down there. It is kind of in the middle of nowhere about an hour and a half away from us, but it was a really pretty drive through the countryside. On our way back we drove through a controlled fire where they were burning fields. And we drove by the State Capital Building in Salem. I grew up here, but never had been to Salem until yesterday. I am so happy that I got to check that off my list of things I have always wanted to do.

We saw six waterfalls in all on our hike. I liked the park and am glad we went, but I think I prefer hiking in the Columbia River Gorge. I love that there are so many waterfalls around here though.

No comments: