Los Footes

Los Footes

Monday, April 16, 2012

The beach and Easter

It feels like every blog post I write is about the beach, but we love it there and we'll definitely miss it. This was probably our last trip before the baby gets here, which is sad, but I know we'll make it out there with him as much as we can before we move.

We tried to make it to an Easter egg hunt on Saturday, but got there 3 minutes late and it was already over. Another sweet little girl gave R a couple of eggs and we had a little choke scare with one of the candies. But as we were walking away, the woman organizing the hunt was giving away balloons and that helped make everything better for R.

Later, on the beach, R had to pick up every single shell she could see. She filled her bucket at least twice.



We were back home for Easter day and had a small egg hunt then, which Rebecca loved. She was so excited that the eggs had candy in them and wanted them hid several times.


I am still amazed at how much R understands and remembers and that makes teaching her more fun. I know she doesn't fully understand the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, but as we talked about it over the week, it was humbling to see her catch on.


 This is our attempt at a model of the empty tomb.

No comments: