Los Footes

Los Footes

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Grad school year 1 - check.

Jeremy took his last final of his first year of graduate school yesterday. (He's still finishing up a paper, but he'll always be working on papers.) This year has been great! God has really blessed us. First of all, we've gotten to see a lot more of Jeremy than I expected. And he really likes what he is studying and has been given some good research opportunities. Purdue has been a good place to get to know field of Media, Technology, and Society.

I was a little worried about living in a smaller town, but it's been fine. We've made some good friends and had opportunities to visit Chicago, St. Louis, Nauvoo, and hopefully more before we leave. I've really come to enjoy the lifestyle of only knowing what next year will bring, but nothing more. I can't believe how much I like not being settled! It's exciting and has taught me to learn to love things I thought I wouldn't.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I totally understand how you feel. In every chapter of life there is an amount of learning, exploring and having faith in the unknown. I have learned life is full of variables and unexpected trials. It's exciting when you find fun and unexpected things. It sounds like you guys have gotten the opportunity to see many things. In some ways I am very jealous! :)