Los Footes

Los Footes

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Living Below update

We do pretty good with eating cheap, so I didn't think this would be that big of a deal. Here is what I am finding about living on $1.50 a day: it is tough! I mean, that really isn't much money at all. Our meals have been okay, but we certainly aren't getting overly full at meal time and our sides are limited. When we are hungry for a snack, we can't just go rummage through the cupboards and fridge. I am craving so many things, mostly because I can't have them.

Grains and beans are very cheap, but fresh fruits and vegetables add up faster than I thought. I'm missing my normal variety. The $1 pineapple has become a special treat and there are other good deals for produce, but one or two items put us at our limit for the day.

Here is what we've eaten so far:


DayMondayTuesday
BreakfastCracked wheat Cereal

0.661.03



LunchLeftoversPapusas

30.9666666667



DinnerPapusasPork Salad

0.96666666671.166833333

SmoothiePineapple

1.380.5


Veggies


0.37
SnacksApple2 Apples

0.250.5


Cereal


0.25
Total6.264.53

A friend sent some cookies home with Jeremy after home teaching and since they were free, we saw no problem with eating them. They were one of the closest things to manna from heaven!

No comments: