In February, we all got to go to St. Pete Beach, Florida for Jeremy to attend a networks conference, Sunbelt 2014. The weather was absolutely perfect the 5 days we were there. When it started raining on Sunday, it made it much easier to leave. It was a glorious feeling to be in such perfect weather, on the beach, in February when the temperatures here were in the low 20's.
![]() |
| Rebecca said this was Uncle Hayden and Repunzel. |
On our drive back, I insisted that we stop in Nashville. I wish we had seen more, but we stopped by the Grand 'Ole Opry and toured the Hermitage (Andrew Jackson's estate).
In March, Northwestern brought us up to Chicago to take a look around. We were pretty impressed (obviously). While Jeremy was getting schmoozed, I played with the kids at the zoo and got a feel for the area.
In April, Northeastern brought me and Jeremy out to visit their campus in Boston. I was in love right away, but it didn't matter. I loved the history, the accessibility, and the laid back feel of Boston, and I've been dreaming about it ever since. Maybe one day we'll move there. Or maybe I was just really optimistic because I was kid-free for 36 hours.
From there, Jeremy flew completely across the country to Seattle to check out University of Washington.
When he got back, we had four days to make a decision and it was SUPER hard. We were lucky to have multiple GOOD options, but how do you decide when they are all equally awesome?
Anyway, we are decided now, and moving forward!
But travelling over the past few months has been really fun and hopefully it will continue. I told Jeremy we are going with him to Sunbelt every year.










No comments:
Post a Comment