Los Footes

Los Footes

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"Three Cups of Tea" - Read it!

Image courtesy Central Asia Institute

This book is the amazing story of an American Hero. Greg Mortenson goes to Pakistan and Afghanistan for months every year to build schools especially for girls. He has been doing this for over ten years. He believes the key to overcoming terrorism is to educate the children of countries where terrorists are recruited. Children become terrorists because they don't have a bright future that would lead them to choose life over death. Empowering children with education will create generations of peace. Anyway, I can't sum it up well enough. I loved it and I want to spread the word about it. This book will really change your life. Thanks Mom for sharing it with me.

1 comment:

L said...

That sounds really good - I'm going to read it!