Los Footes

Los Footes

Monday, June 30, 2008

Ants
















So, Jeremy has shown a strong interest in ants for the past 6 months or so. He is just fascinated by them and is quite educated through many books about ants. I got him an ant farm for his birthday in April, but the ants that we ordered just got here a week or two ago. All the ants we tried to catch are too small and get out through the air holes. We have been having some real fun with the harvester ants we were sent. They are great laborers and it is very interesting to watch them work and to see the tunnels they make.

4 comments:

Clay said...

i'm not going to lie, i always crush any ant pile i find; however, your birthday set up seems pretty tight. enjoy your pets

L said...

Jer - I like ants too! lol! I found this video a while back (I LOVE TED TALKS!), and I think it is just amazing!! Have you seen this already?

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/deborah_gordon_digs_ants.html

Unknown said...

That's awesome, Laura! I'm glad to know that there's someone else out there interested in ants. :)

I did see that TED talk, actually - and after that I got Gordon's book (Ants at Work) from the library - it wasn't terribly well-written, but the content was really interesting.

Tyler said...

alright, so first you post about web browsers, now you are all into ants! We are starting to worry about you bro! Let's just say Matt Johnson may no longer hold the title of King of the Nerds! (but thanks for posting we do like making fun of .... Hearing about you guys!)