All of my talk about the evils of consumerism in the modern world showed the shaky foundation that it rests on this week, as we spent pretty much all of our money on a new car instead of on helping to end global poverty.Deep down, I guess we all like shiny, new things. I can't fight my genes!
Seriously, though, Kedra and I bought a new car. It's a gray 2007 Hyundai Sonata. We got a good deal on it - it didn't end up really costing us all of our money, and we are trying to do our part to end global poverty :)
We both really like it so far. Having had a 1995 Corolla for the last 2+ years, I guess almost anything would seem nice, but it really is a nice car. We had heard that Hyundai had really stepped up its game over the last few years, and that they are making a pretty darned good car now - I guess we'll find out whether or not that's true.
2 comments:
Technically you really only join the consumer society when you finance your lifestyle on debt. Thus you maintain your status as idealistic poverty fighter/enemy of consumerism in my book.
Yay!!! A new car!!! That is exciting!
Post a Comment