Okay, I'm back ready to write about the rest of our trip. We spent Friday and Saturday at Cannon Beach. My family spent a lot of time here as I was growing up thanks to Grandpa Wheeler because without the beach house, we probably would have gone much less frequently. For the five years I have lived in Utah, when summer comes around, I get very homesick for the ocean. The beaches in Oregon are not for sunbathing and surfing, but for walking and exploring tide pools. I find a peace at the Oregon coast that is unlike the feeling I get anywhere else. It is very therapeutic. Oh I love it there. Saturday was Cannon Beach's annual Sandcastle Day. It is always fun to see the talent of artists working with sand and we had a nice time walking by all the entries. Also, we hiked up to a lookout (in my bare feet!), saw a lot of ocean life on the rocks when the tide went out, walked through town, took a swim in the pool and a dip in the hot tub as well as a few minutes in the sauna, had some delicious food, and walked and walked and walked.
No comments:
Post a Comment