Los Footes

Los Footes

Thursday, July 29, 2010

We need closure

I guess it is time for an update. I've been without a computer this week, hoping that mine will work when I get my cord back.

Tomorrow, we will get everything out of our apartment and will go through it to see what is salvageable. We were able to get a few things out on Monday including my wedding ring, wedding dress, important documents, journals, and photo albums. Jeremy grabbed the Wii and surprisingly it worked so that gave me hope. But yesterday we took some clothes we got out to the laundromat and after two wash cycles with the recommended liquid Tide detergent, they still smell horrible. Really horrible. I had hopes for those even though they are easily replaced, but now those hopes are just about gone. I've been in denial about losing all our stuff because I've kept thinking, "We'll see what we can get out," but the smell of smoke is so strong that I don't even know what will be worth saving.

So tomorrow we will know what we will need to replace, which we will let everyone know about, and we'll have the closure that we've been waiting for. Thanks everyone for your help and your prayers. This is hard to go through, but we've been taken care of.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't even imagine what you guys are going through. This is something that I hear about sometimes and think how awful it would be. If you guys ever need anything, let us know. I'm so sorry.