Los Footes

Los Footes

Sunday, August 1, 2010

When it rains...

I guess I was still dwelling too much on losing all our stuff because on Friday I was reminded of how much that doesn't matter at all. I was vacuuming with our powerful new vacuum that I had bought online to replace our old one and I was using the hose attachment. The upright body of the vacuum was behind me and so was Rebecca. She was playing behind me on the carpet and I knew she saw the light of the vacuum, but I thought I had more time. Before I knew it, she had put her hand under the vacuum where the brush rotates. I quickly pulled her out and turned off the power, but it had burned her pretty bad. I never would have expected a vacuum to do this much harm.

We were supposed to be on our way to the old apartment to go through our remnants, but we were on our way to the hospital. And I finally didn't care about anything being salvageable. I didn't care about that stuff anymore. I was anguishing for my poor baby, hoping and praying that she would be okay. And I also more fully understood what a blessing it was that we all made it out of the building safely the night of the fire. I knew that, but now I really understand it.

Next week they will determine if R will need a skin graft, but of course that is the worst case scenario. We're praying that it won't go that far and that her healing progress will be excellent this week. We'd love your prayers too.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry, seeing your kids in pain is the worst. We're praying for you guys and know that if anyone deserves great blessings it's you guys!

Brandi said...

Kedra, what a couple of weeks you have been having. I hope Rebecca recovers fast and without complications. I wish I could be there to help you out. You are so sweet and such a strong person. I pray things will turn around quickly.

Will said...

I am just learning about all this tough news. I will definitely be keeping you guys in my prayers!

jimnalli said...

You have been in our prayers and will continue to be!
Several years ago we were going through some very difficult times and Alix was only a month or so old. During all that, we found out she had 2 holes in her heart. I suddenly didnt care about anything else going on around me except my little girl. Its amazing how those "blessings" can zap everything right into perspective! How amazing to get your wedding dress and really important things out!!! what a miracle!!
We have been praying for you and Jeremy and especially for your little Rebecca to heal well! you have all been through so much lately!
We love you guys!!!

Rachel said...

when we found out we were stunned a bit... poor little gal! and what a week to have it happen! you are in our prayers and we love you guys! they may have told you this, however she may be eating more calories to support healing so don't be suprised if she is eating more often!

Leta-Kaye said...

We love you guys and we are praying for you! Kiss that baby for me!

Kat & Joe said...

Kedra,
Rebecca will be in our prayers. Shadrach keeps pointing to her in the picutres and saying "becca" I know we are far away but if there is anyway we could help let us know.
Kathryn and Joe Creswell