Los Footes

Los Footes

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Funemployment (term coined by Sarah Reynolds) (Oregon, February 2011)

I've been meaning to write for a while, but we only brought one computer with us and it has been hard for me to get a turn. I've been writing this post for two days for crying out loud.

I'm grouping these pictures together for my personal organization, because they are all of our time here in Oregon.

So, if you don't know the story, Jeremy's contract at the Church Office Building ended and they offered him a full-time position that he declined. Yep, pretty crazy, but it just wasn't the right fit. We packed up and put our stuff into storage (thanks Leavitts and Grandpa Wheeler) and flew to Portland to stay with my family for three weeks and think about what to do with our life. We've had such a great time and weren't any closer to making decisions about the future that we extended our stay a week.

Hanging out with Uncle Ty. R took a little time to warm up to him, but now she is in LOVE with him.


Hiking to the Pittock Mansion

Touring the Pittock Mansion (a historic mansion in Washington Park)

Making marbled cards

At the zoo





The Columbia River Gorge

LaTourelle Falls


We took a drive along the old highway where you see several waterfalls. It was gorgeous!

Bath time is pretty fun at Grandma and Grandpa's.
Fog


The corsage I made for Ty to give to his date for Bali Hai.


Ecola State Park

A lighthouse in the distance


Haystack Rock

 Rebecca reading with Grandma

At OMSI

5 comments:

Mac and Julie Reynolds said...

Looks like we're in the same boat! I have an idea: Mac and Jeremy can choose careers in the same city so we can hang out more.

Oregon looks beautiful! I've never been.

S.A.R. said...

1) Your baby is so beautiful! I can't stand it! :)

2) I wish I came up with that "funemployment" word, but unfortunately, I stole it off an old BYU pal of mine. But I will take all the credit for it, yessirree.

3) I agree with Julie... only, Mac, Harry, and Jeremy should all pursue careers in the same city, and that would solve all our problems.

Kimberly said...

Rebecca really looks older since the last time I saw her! I can't wait for you guys to come visit!! :)

Rachel said...

so i guess going with us to the REAL soccer games is out for the next month... we have tickets and thought we may go with you guys! I am super glad you are there and have an opportunity to see the family and build memories while you are receiving some direction... We hope to see you this summer then?

Unknown said...

@Julie - deal!

@Sarah - true, credit thief!, deal!

I think if you Reynoldses all end up in Vegas, that might be tough. Ked doesn't like the desert.

@Kimberly - Word. She's awesome.

@Rachel - we might be back in SLC/Provo - we'll see. I hope that we'll be at some RSL games no matter what.